September 12, 2013 - File submission
As a follow-up to a suggestion presented at the August
9th MdAIR meeting regarding single term submissions,
MHEC, after exploring the idea with institutions, has reexamined
the file submission approach and decided to proceed with single
2013-2014 MAC2 Schedules for major data files.
MAC2 Data Dictionary and Data Layouts
2014 MHEC Data
Dictionary (pdf) Updated August 13,
MAC2 Data File Specifications(pdf)
- Excel (97-2003) version of
MAC2 data layouts(.xls).
- Updated July 17, 2014 - Teacher code added (9999) for not
in current list.
- Updated July 7, 2014 - Reverse Transfer Flag Edit changed
to agree with DD118 (Use Y instead of 1 to indicate
Reverse Transfer Degree).
- Updated May 27 -
- DIS, ECS and NTS changed to ANNUAL files.
- New Header for DIS
- DIS - Item #16 DD115 reactivated and changed to
Prior Degree Flag.
- Updated April 23 - DIS - Item #16 DD115 Multiple Degree
Flag removed from record layout (use new DIS header). DIS Item
#12 DD113 First Major Link replaces Multiple Major Flag.
DD144 Teacher Code field expanded to allow up to 4 codes.
Non-degree Teacher Candidate Student file added..
- Updated March 26 with DIS - DD144 Teacher Codes,
- Additional Source OPEID 26009901 (Credit from Foreign
Institution) added to OPEID list.
- Updated Feb 19 with DIS, EOTS edits, DD144 Teacher Codes,
DD113 Major Flag Codes.
- EIS Data Entry Excel Worksheet (.xls) for small colleges. Includes Header and formatted columns. Right click and "Save target as" Excel file to your network.
Key in, then save as comma separated values (.csv) file. Then upload to MHEC.
- Updated Oct 18 with EDS edits, Definition
- New Student
EIS Entry fields report for First-time student and
- Updated September 12, 2013 with changes to EIS edits
for admission fields.
- Updated August 20, 2013 with links to the Data
- Updated August 7, 2013 with Edit
Checks for data variables.
& NTS 4-Digit Teacher
Codes (pdf) Updated July 17, 2014
- High School Codes List (txt)
MAC2 Preliminary Edits and Testing
Notes from Recent MAC2 Meetings:
Notes from MHEC MAC2 Conference Call Thursday, February 27, 2014
Notes from MHEC MAC2 Conference Call Friday, September 13, 2013
Notes from MHEC MAC2 Conference Call Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Notes from MHEC MAC2 Conference Call Friday, September 6,
MdAIR MAC2 Fall Conference AM Session; October 18, 2013 (PDF)
MdAIR MAC2 Summer Session; August 23, 2013.pdf
MdAIR MAC2 Summer Drive In; August 9, 2013.pdf
Four Year Institution Questions August 2013 (PDF)
MICUA MAC2 Meeting Questions
June 19, 2013 (PDF)
MCCRG MAC2 Meeting Questions
June 7, 2013 (PDF)
- As a follow-up to a suggestion presented at the August 9th MdAIR meeting regarding single term submissions, MHEC, after exploring the idea with institutions, has reexamined the file submission approach and decided to proceed with single term uploads. This means, for example, what was previously a summer/fall combined file due by November 15th, will be separate summer and fall files, both due by November 15th. Similarly, a winter/spring combined file due by
April 15th will be uploaded as an individual winter file and individual spring file, both due by
April 15th. Term files can be submitted on the same day or different days as long as both are received by the due date. This single term upload approach will apply to all collection systems except the annual collections, FAIS and EDS.